It’s totally normal to get energy dips throughout the day (for me it’s around 3 pm) and this can leave us reaching for quick fixes. Energy drinks, chocolate and coffee are all not so great tools we use to try and boost our energy quickly.
Especially when you are a female entrepreneur with big dreams…you need that energy girlfriend!
Here are five ways you can maintain your energy throughout the day, avoid the dips and smash out some serious work.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water keeps your organs functioning properly, which in turn keeps your energy levels sky high. Make sure you are disciplined about reaching for a glass of water rather than a coffee.
- Go for a short walk. This is one of my favourites! Just a 5-10 min brisk walk will get your blood bumping and is especially if you need to push through a piece of work that’s starting to drag. If you really feel you don’t have the time then I find a 2-3 minute crazy dance around the living room works!
- Eat foods high in magnesium. You can find this in halibut, whole grains and nuts (especially almonds and cashews).
- Take a natural energy supplement. These are usually a caffeine/green tea based supplement, which act immediately and also helps speed up your metabolism. You can get my favourite one by clicking here.
- Eat smaller meals more frequently rather than large meals. This will maintain a steady flow of nutrients to your brain and avoid fatigue. My favourite small meal options include protein shakes and rice cakes topped with peanut butter and strawberries.